Our Mission is to improve the quality of life for all Floridians with disabilities through advocacy and awareness activities that increase access to and acquisition of assistive services and technology.
We value each individual's right to achieve their highest potential and the possibilities that can be realized through collaborative efforts focused on the goal of improving life for Floridians with and without disabilities.
FAAST has worked with thousands of people with and without disabilities throughout the state to provide:
- Assistive Technology Device Loan Programs (Statewide and at each Regional Center)
- AT Device Reutilization/Refurbishing/Recycling Programs
- Assistive Technology and Business Loans for Floridians with Disabilities
- AT Skills Development Trainings and Assessments
- AT Device Demonstrations and Trainings
- Trainings on transition, IDEA, the Rehabilitation Act and supports leading to employment
- Structured Presentations and AT Device Exhibits at Educational Conferences, Exhibit Fairs and Disability Specific Events
- Public Awareness Activities
- Information and Referral
FAAST is a non-profit organization sponsored by the Florida Department of Education/Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and the State of Florida. Our services are made possible by the support of the Florida Legislature, State General Revenue, §413.407, F.S., the U.S. Department of Education, Rehabilitation Services Administration under the Assistive Technology Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-364), the Assistive Technology Act of 2004 and the US Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA).